I haven’t been trying many new recipes lately, and less that I really like, and the exception is this: taco quinoa. If you’re trying to eat less meat but still want that taco taste, this recipe is perfect! Here’s to trying new recipes while we are all at home for the next few weeks.
What you need:
-1 red onion
-1 cup quinoa, uncooked
-1 can black beans
-1 small can sweet corn
-2 tbsp tomato paste
-1/2 tsp cumin
-1/4 tsp chili powder
-1 cup vegetable broth (from 2 bouillon cubes)
-2 cloves garlic
What you do:
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes, then add onion, spices, tomato, and tomato paste and cook for 4-5 minutes or until soft.
2. Remove onion mixture and set aside.
3. Boil two cups of water with two bouillon cubes to make broth.
4. Add broth and uncooked quinoa to skillet and bring to boil; cook to package instructions. (10-12 minutes)
5. Stir in onion mixture, black beans, corn, jalapeños, and cilantro.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.